Forest School and Outdoor Learning
We are planning to restart our Forest School sessions with Play Wild in April 2021 (restrictions permitting).
Please check back soon for further updates.
In the second part of the Autumn term our children took part in Outdoor Adventurers sessions on Friday mornings with our Nursery Practitioner Katie, who has a keen interest in outdoor learning.
The activities included;
- Natural mobile using sticks, pine cones, fathers and strings
- Making our own bird feeders
- Reenacting the story of ‘The Three Little Pigs’ using natural resources
- Leaf impressions using foliage and clay
In the first part of the Autumn term we were delighted to welcome Louise from Play Wild Forest School on Mondays and Wednesdays to offer our children outdoor sessions that can help develop some of life’s most important skills.
In the sessions the children took part in activities including;
- Exploring natural colour and making mud paint
- Making fairy houses
- Decorating hats with natural materials
- Leaf bashing
- Bug hunting
"It has been widely recognised that being in a natural outdoor environment can support all aspects of children’s development and research is proving that mental health and overall well-being is also greatly improved when individuals have access to the outdoors"
Louise, Forest School Teacher